Friday, December 2, 2011

ecstacy

I took today off work to finish writing Chapter 2.  It’s coming along, but I’ve been a measly mouse lately,  putting off a critical aspect of getting this whole mission (doing a dissertation) accomplished.  There are few things I hate as much as using a telephone.  Anyway, I grew a pair, mustered my testosterone, and called a person I’ve been meaning to call for weeks  - of course my brain went on freeze when he actually answered the phone.  I fully expected to leave a message and had even written notes of what I wanted to say.  I don’t even know what I said.  He answered and in my head, I heard “oh shit!”  I stammered, mumbled, stuttered, back-tracked…..you get the idea.  He now knows I’m as articulate as a pinecone. 

Anyway, he agreed to meet with me next Tuesday to discuss whatever it was I told him I wanted to talk about.  I can’t even remember what was said, but I wrote down Tuesday, 12:30, his room number.  It’s hard to imagine I’ve been able to survive as long as I have.  It was a wasted effort when God gave me a mouth and a brain.    

Nevertheless….it’s done and I’m pleased as punch!!  Now back to work!!!   
life is good

No comments: