Saturday, July 7, 2012

iPhone fun

After many months of debating with myself, I bought myself an iPhone today.  I’ve played with it all afternoon, wore it out, and now it’s sitting on the charger.  I’m fairly proficient with texting and making calls on it, but that’s about it.  I’ve downloaded one app, and experimented with Siri.  Siri is very cool!  My new phone is much better than my old phone, but the learning curve is substantial and I’ve got a very long way to go.  Tomorrow I’ll take some photos and put some music on it.

I have two expert iPhone users in the house who have no patience with me at all.  If I ask them how to do something, they are bad to snatch my phone away and just do what I’m asking about.  They don’t understand that concept that if they teach me, I won’t ask again.  *sigh*   I'm better off to figure it out on my own.      

Our Gracie has become an excellent watch dog.  Her bark sounds like a giant German shepherd, but really she is only 38 pounds and now right around a year old.  People who come into our yard or to our door are nervous to be around her, which is a good thing.  She hasn’t offered to bite anyone except for when she’s playing rough.  Even then, she doesn’t bite hard enough to draw blood.  She is a very strong dog though; I wouldn’t want to tangle with her.


      

3 comments:

linda said...

Unbelievable as it sounds, I LOVE my iPhone. Now I have turned into a big Apple. IMac, iPod, iPad and iPhone. iPathetic.

Enjoy the learning curve. The iPhone is the ultimate twiddly time waster.

linda said...

Gracie has a fine set of ears.

KYLady said...

Linda - I hope to acquire an iPad one of these days, and I already have two iPods (one just for running and a bigger one for everything). I can’t see myself making the jump to Mac though, but who knows? Thank you for noticing Gracie’s fine ears! Those ears grabbed my attention when we were looking at dogs at the pound.