Friday, March 16, 2012

Game Plan

What’s the game plan?  That’s a phrase I use a lot.  It could be that I learned it from my first husband; he was always asking me about the game plan.  Perhaps it’s because I’m usually always working one, and always have been.  It’s a very bad thing not to have a contingency plan.  The worst times for me have been not when I didn’t know what to do, but more that I didn’t know what I wanted to do. 
I submitted my proposal all glitter and shiny new.  Two days later – it was rejected in the forms review.  There were implied date rules not explicated; they said to “attach” when they really meant “append”;  they now want form X in place of form Y.  And... to my own fault, I left a leading zero off a date month.  It’s just as well, I did some repairs to Chapter 3 that would have been caught for sure later on, and I made some improvements to the front matter.
So it’s re-submitted and I’m trying not to think about any of my research until I hear back.  It could be as early as Monday or as late as April.  So what’s my game plan?  I’m going to try to make the most of the time off I have right now!  Tonight, I went to a karate class (I haven’t practiced once since October)!  I cleaned floors.  I’m screwing around on the computer.  Soon as I’m off this thing, I’m playing my guitar.  So there, world.  F all things related to work.  I’m having fun tonight!     


No comments: