Wednesday, June 6, 2012

ho-hum

Summer doldrums have set in. I’ve lost all motivation to do anything. Inspiration to write anything has abandoned me… except for this unenthusiastic post. If breathing was voluntary, I probably wouldn’t bother with that either. I suppose God designed humans with an involuntary respiration system because He had an inkling that some of his creations (like me) might get lazy and decide breathing was just too much to ask.

I was going to create a new flower bed this spring. Nothing has happened so far. I’ve stood in the back yard twice with shovel in hand and just can’t bring myself to start digging. It’s going to be a lot of work from start to finish, and I sure as heck don’t want to start and not finish. Meanwhile, Sarah found a place that sells delightful concrete gargoyles, perfect for a flower bed. 



I bought a flat of pink and white dianthus and some snapdragons to plant in my new flower bed.  It’s a blatant case of putting the cart before the horse because now they are just withering on the driveway while they wait to be planted. I sometimes wish Gracie would go ahead and just eat them; I know she wants to. 

Maybe I should invest in a hammock and give in to my inner sloth all summer.




No comments: