Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Furious George


The workday dragged on forever today.  A day at the office after a three-day holiday is such a bitch slap. 

Still no word from the board about whether or not they will approve my change request.  Hell, I have no way of knowing if they even have my change request in their queue.  Meanwhile, the days are rolling by and nothing is happening.  IT’S SO FRUSTRATING!!!  I will blame my shitty mood on them today.  Maybe I’ll just be glum and desolate until they tell me something.  If they decide against my request or tell me to resubmit because of some stupid lame-ass reason, I’m going to blow a gasket.  The board is testing my limit.      

I came in from work late this evening and Erin told me her dad was a goofus because he wouldn’t take her to the store when she asked.  I immediately thought of Goofus and Gallant – cartoon kids that used to appear in Highlights magazines when I was a kid.  We didn’t subscribe to Highlights, but I remember reading Highlights in the dentist’s waiting room.  Goofus always had bad manners, did things wrong, and had poor hygiene.  Gallant always set the positive example.  As much as I agree with Erin that Someone is Goofus at times, I am no Gallant.   I am probably usually somewhere in the mid-range of the Goofus to Gallant continuum. 
 
 

No comments: