Sunday, July 15, 2007

weekend reality

OK, well first off, the forecast was wrong. We got a rainstorm Friday night and one on Sunday. Saturday was very nice though, mid 80's and sunny, though a bit windy. I played Sandy Creek and my partner was a bit chatty, but I tried to block him out as best I could. Still I shot an 88, not a great score (45, 43...I think). I lost at least 4 balls. I think I was actually playing better than the previous weekend although the score doesn't show it. I lost no balls at all the previous weekend, so no penalties, but I had a couple of awesome chip shots and putts this past Saturday, which are just so MUCH FUN! The short game is starting to come back a bit. I had a bad case of yips the first few holes.

My goal was to get the van packed for vacation and I failed. Oh well, I guess that means I'll be staying up all night tomorrow night. I hate packing and unpacking. I did gas up and I'm getting laundry done.

I think I've partaken enough of the Maker's Mark tonight to vent off about Walmart. I HATE THAT PLACE. It's the bane of all America. I know it's great for people who don't have a lot of money, but I HATE THAT PLACE. They never have enough people working and it's always crowded. Even if I go at midnight, it's crowded. I wish I could place my order on-line and drive through and pick it up, then I wouldn't have to deal with the crowd and stocking people blocking the aisles. Not only that, I have to walk miles to get what I need since they spread everything out (so I'll have to walk for miles and pick up stuff I don't need..which is their master plan). Their produce has been on a truck for a month and I don't want to see 44 brands of bread on their F'ing shelves...I just want a F'ing loaf of F'ing bread... Maybe I just hate shopping in the first place. To me, a store is like a war zone - get in and get out - get 'er done. Lord knows I can't take Emily in there...she would have me empty my bank account in there! I think Sarah hates that place even more than I do.

We saw the new Harry Potter movie this weekend and one of my favorites things about it was the decore in Umbridge's office, the cat plates hanging on the wall. The plates had images of cats that seemed to be alive (like all newspapers and pictures at Hogwarts). Sarah made an interesting comment about what wether or not you could put those plates in the microwave. Well, you can imagine what the cats would do. The potter movie was really good, but I hate it about the person who was killed off (I don't want to spoil it for anyone who hasn't seen it). I do hope he's not really dead.

I must get back to packing....did I mention how much I hate packing?

No comments: