Thursday, May 3, 2012

I'm not a poet

I’m going to start with an apology for that previous post. Obviously, poetry is not my thing but sometimes it’s just fun to mess around with it.

I don’t often get writer’s block, but then I don’t write much without specific purpose…other than this stupid blog. And yes, my blog is rather pointless and stupid. Sarah is my most faithful reader as far as I know. I check my pitiful stats from time to time. My most popular post (the one at the top of the list) is hit on by pervs searching for stories about little girls and panties. No doubt they are very disappointed when they arrive at that post! The most hits outside the US come from Russia.

So, blogspot has been a miserable tool lately. I keep getting weird formatting things happening, and what is worse, I can’t seem to correct them! I’ve even deleted whole posts and added them back new only to have different weird crap show up. I’m almost to the point of not caring, except I do care because I want things to look right.

I’m in limbo while waiting for the IRB to reject my proposal again. In the meantime, I’ve been trying to get out and run a bit at nights. It’s hard for an old, fat lady like me to build a running habit again. I do love running though, especially at night in the moonlight and under the stars when you can hear the frogs. Perhaps I’ll get back into running shape and do some races later this summer. Races are fun. Before school demanded all my free time, me and Someone use to run all the local ones and it was great fun seeing the same people at them. Someone probably really wouldn’t care if I used his name in my blog, and I doubt he would ever find out since he does nothing on a computer except play FreeCell and occasionally visit eBay. I kind of like that he doesn’t know I have a blog.

I wrote the poem (i.e. referring again to the previous post) about trying to find words to write on paper. The hardest thing of all for me is talking. I’m grateful not to be deaf, but if I somehow became unable to utter another sound, I wouldn’t be too upset. Nobody has ever accused me of being a great communicator. Someone says I never listen. Not true! I listen at least 30% of the time. A lady I used to work with told me once that she thinks it’s ironic that I’ve had two husbands and both were men who talked/talk incessantly. She thinks I attract people who like to talk because they don’t have to compete with me. All of my children talk a lot too. They must have inherited talk genes from their fathers.


Me


As for me, I rarely opened my mouth in school. Only if a teacher specifically called on me and wouldn’t accept a shrug would I ever speak up, or if I had to do a presentation for a grade.  I don’t remember volunteering to say anything in class, not even in high school or college. When I was very young, they tested my hearing thinking I might be hard of hearing.  I guess I just really had nothing to say. The online class world is very different. I found asynchronous class discussion forums to be quite entertaining at times, but it took me a long time to get used to writing comments…especially when they were about things I had little interest in.

Sarah’s kittens are adorable!!! How can anyone not love something so darn cute!!! I’d love to adopt them both….but we already have two cats and a dog. No more pets for us!



2 comments:

Chewing Taffy said...

Just wanted to leave a comment since you're feeling so down on your blog! (I clicked over from Tony White's.) It is depressing to write and feel like it's all OUT THERE and nobody is reading...

KYLady said...

Chewing Taffy,

How thoughtful and incredibly sweet of you to leave me a comment!! Thank you for making my day!