Sunday, December 12, 2010

Transition Mission

Contrary to what I stated in the prior post, I most defintely do NOT what a do-over.  Enough said about that!

So today was not a treat at all, but perhaps I have improved my disposition toward IT governance.  The principles are good, but the implementation is stifling.  Before researching it more today, I was mostly familiar with the negative aspects of surveillance and controls.  Now I understand how governance can serve as a tool to drive communication and even collaboration in some cases.  Peter Drucker's quote comes to mind, "Culture eats strategy for breakfast." 

I've spent all day on this laptop and here I am blogging??  I must be crazy.  Time to light a candle, turn off the lights, and practice karate.  My black belt (studio belt) test is coming up next month.  I know the stuff, but the question is whether or not I can remember it all on the same day.  It's a lot to remember: kata, basic techniques, 3 levels of one steps, single and double counters, combinations, phase kicks, 30 movements, pad drills, defensives, elbow drills, code of ethics, counting, and terms. 

Looking for a new dissertation topic...that too.  HEAVY, HEAVY, HEAVY!!!!!!!!

No comments: