Monday, March 23, 2009

The Joy of Philosophy

If anyone can find any joy in that stuff (the 'P' word), please tell me how you found it. I could tell you all about postmodernism now though. I beat it to death all weekend. I turned a paper in tonight and I was none too pleased. I couldn't think of a reasonable way to organize it, which was the primary problem. I kept thinking of things I wanted to include but I couldn't find a place to fit them in, and then I'd get off onto some other part and forget what I was thinking. The whole creation process was much too disorganized. The paper kind of jumped around until I got to the last page and a half. Then it felt like it came together because by that point I was able to draw all the fragments together.

I need to learn to outline. In fact, that is our week 6 TEAM project. Scary thought.

This class reminds me of the leadership theory class. All these researchers and writers feed off each other's work. It all happens over time and I just can't maintain a sense of history in my feeble brain. I think I would do better if I associated them with dates rather than eras or movements.

I must get back to work. I'M GOING TO HAWAII!!!!! I can't hardly believe it.

No comments: