Friday, September 16, 2011

ain't no hollaback girl

“Oh hot damn, this is my jam
Keep me partyin to the A.M.
You all don't understand
Make me throw my hands in the
ayer, ay, ayer, ayer, ay, ayer”  ---- Flo Rida

It’s only about a 10 minute ride between our home and school in the morning – the girls have to get those last few minutes of music into their heads before I drop them off. They played this Oh hot damn number twice this morning and now it’s stuck in my head. Somehow, Hollaback Girl is more like what I feel when walking into my office and seeing a mountain on my desk….

“Uh huh, this my shit
All the girls stomp your feet like this
A few times I've been around that track
So it's not just gonna happen like that
Cause I ain't no hollaback girl
I ain't no hollaback girl”  ------ Gwen Stefani

Not sure if all this work is my jam or my shit…but it’s piling up lately. But oh hot damn, at least it’s Friday and I only have to look at my shit one more day.  Time to dive in!

No comments: