Friday, June 8, 2012

Friday brain drain

I’ve been screwing around all week, trying to optimize my survey for the ridiculous process parameters defined by the IRB. Being indecisive is a huge problem for me when it comes to things like this. I have to be able to see it all in my head, end to end, before I can be confident with a decision. I agonized for days, and then it just came to me – this is it!! I called the host today and gave them my decision. I think we’ll be ready to start collecting data on Monday. Let the games begin! I must get 67 people, but ideally I’ll find a 116 willing people who meet qualifications.


It’s Friday, usually my day of squirrel brain and grumbling. Today hasn’t been like that…it’s been a day of lining up ducks….or trying to. I have something big to do next week that requires coordination of various people – it’s not coming together….I hate when that happens. People are out of town, we have some administrative problems to deal with, and the timing is just too tight to push back another week. GRRRR. I have to find a way to make it happen outside normal procedures – no easy task for a company so rigid with its rules. Not impossible…but very cumbersome.



Someone asked me to come home on time tonight to play golf with him. It’s a perfect day for the golf course. Sunny and 83 degrees today – perfect for anything fun outside. Tomorrow…..I have a trip planned. :)

No comments: