Saturday, October 20, 2012

Hallelujah and bubblegum


Music exploded in my head when I got the BIG, IMPORTANT  email yesterday evening.  I've been waiting for this email since June 5th. 
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=76RrdwElnTU&feature=related
The shit hit the fan Thursday night (read previous post for details).  My advisor called me next day (Friday afternoon) and said the deans promised the board would review my request and render a decision by the end of the business day.  She cautioned that it might not be the decision I wanted – of course.   But in fact, the board gave me tentative approval for all the changes I requested – I can proceed with collecting data according to the changes I requested.  The full board must also approve the changes the next time they convene which could result in questions or stipulations, but we’ll cross that bridge if it comes.  For now, I’m turning the crank to set it all it motion.  It’s very, very good. 
Well, sort of.  We promised the girls a trip to Kings Island today – it’s Halloween Haunt.  Neither Someone nor I were eager to visit another amusement park – we just did Disney and Universal this past summer.  This is Erin’s favorite thing in all the world, so we promised to take her.  Me and Someone were going to drop girls and their pals at the park and go play golf, take in a movie, go to dinner, and maybe visit a mall – essentially kill the day and most of the night (it’s a 3.5 hour drive to get there). 
Anyway, it’s chilly and windy – not a good day for golf.  Someone has a dreadful cold and didn’t feel like doing anything.  I still have a monster face with poison ivy – by the way, I got another steroid shot Friday and 15 more days of pills – it’s starting to really improve now.  Someone stayed home with the animals and I drove the girls to the park, checked them in through the gate, snapped a few photos, and rented a motel room.  Here I can work, watch TV, nap, and kill the day in the quiet comfort of a not- too-nice motel room, but it was only $64.  Cheap is good.  I will drive back to the park around 11 PM and take in a few hours of the monster festival, then bring four 16 year old girls back to this room (we should get here by 1:30 AM, I hope).  The room seems plenty big enough and quiet now – add four teens and their stuff it will be a much different environment.
 
So in the car, we listened to their music all the way up here.  Bubblegum Bitch is one I heard many times today and now it’s stuck in my head.  I have an affinity for bubblegum – I used to eat caffeine pills, chug Mountain Dew, and chew bubblegum  to help me stay away while working late at night back when sleep was a rare activity for me.

Got a figure like a pin-up, got a figure like a doll
Don’t care if you think I’m dumb, I don’t care at all
Candy bear, sweetie pie, wanna be adored
I’m the girl you’d die for
I’ll chew you up and I’ll spit you out
Cuz that’s what young love is all about
So pull me closer and kiss me hard
I’m gonna pop your bubblegum heart
I’m Miss Sugar Pink, liquor liquor lips
Hit me with your sweet love. Steal me with a kiss.
I’m Miss Sugar Pink, liquor liquor lips
I’m gonna be your bubblegum bitch.
I'm gonna be your bubblegum bitch. 

gotta have
 

No comments: