Monday, March 5, 2018

more procrastination


Today is Sarah’s birthday.  It seems like not that long ago that she was born, but time speeds and now she is an adult woman who will be married in another month.  I’m happy for her.  It’s a gigantic step to lock oneself into a huge legal commitment, but she and her fiancé have had plenty of time to think it through and I believe they are ready...only nobody can really be ready, can they?  It’s similar to having kids.  No matter how much you want them and think you can handle them, you really can’t imagine the impact until they’re here and you have to deal with whatever they bring.

Happy birthday dear Sarah

I am on break from University #1 this week.  I have grand plans for decluttering the house and cleaning.  Today, I got up and boxed up some stuff to take to the City Mission.  It’s piled in the downstairs foyer...waiting for me to haul it.  From there, I took to the great outdoors (today is sunny and cool), and fertilized the apple and cherry trees in our yard.  It takes 30 fertilizer stakes to feed four trees.  The cherry trees are dying...perhaps we’ll get another year or two out of them.  They are rotting; the soil has too much clay and the drainage is not good enough.  When the cherry trees die, perhaps I’ll plant a pear tree, or another apple.

While outside, I cut some daffodils – just the ones with bent stems.  When the stems get a crimp, the blossoms will just lay on the ground and shrivel.  I leave the ones that are drooping; sometimes they revive and stand up again.  We’ve had unusually warm weather than caused them to bloom, but the last two nights have been below freezing.  Someone gave me a dozen red roses on February 22nd – the anniversary of the day we met in person.  They are losing their pizazz, but they’re still pretty.  He always remembers the date, perhaps so that I don’t forget.

Roses from Someone, and daffodils from my garden

  
I sat down at my computer just now to work on my CV.  I can’t even bring myself to open the file.  After reading the news, I decided to write in my blog.  I agreed to teach a summer class (all online) for University #1, and I’m on schedule to teach four classes for them in fall.  There was discussion to eliminate the course I teach, but apparently, they are offering it for at least another year.  Still, with two girls starting graduate school this year, KYLady could use a higher paying job.  KYLady is just her own worst enemy sometimes.  Open the damn file, damn it!! 



And now look at the time!  Gracie should have her walk on this beautiful sunny afternoon.  Perhaps the CV will happen tonight.       

No comments: