Friday, December 1, 2023

Family Expansion

 Baby Catherine is now a toddler, some two years old, plus a month. Time has flown by and she is starting to talk in a way that I can understand her some of the time. I got to babysit her for several days last month while her mommy went away to a conference. It was great fun to spend so much time with her. Sarah wants her to call me Grandmother, but she usually calls me Grandmothee, which is close enough and rather endearing (to be fair, everything about her is endearing 😊).



While I was visiting, Catherine’s Daddy stopped in with a pizza for lunch to share with all of us. Catherine loves pizza. He asked her how many pieces she wanted to eat. She replied, “One at a time.” The little munchkin ate three pieces! She’s a hearty eater and a healthy girl. What a blessing that is!

Sarah and her spouse are expecting another baby in April. Again, the gender will be unknown until birth…that’s the plan. Drat it!!  I want to know! Patience is not my virtue. So, another grandbaby is one way our family is expanding. Catherine will be a big sister.

Emily is getting married next May. Logan proposed on the Fourth of July. We are thrilled for them; they have a lot in common, I think. They seem very smitten with each (as it should be), he’s very good to her, so that’s good enough for me. Emily, Sarah, Erin, Catherine, and I were all together in Lexington when Emily tried on wedding dresses and selected one. That was delightful for me and once she had the dress, it all seemed more real.

Congratulations to Logan and Emily

Erin is on the cusp of getting engaged.  We think it will happen very soon (like, before the end of the year). It’s exciting to think that in a family with no sons, we will soon have three son-in-laws…sons-in-law?? I am pleased. Erin and Tanner have been dating since high school. He has been over many (many) times when Erin and Emily invited friends over. They went to dances together. He already feels like family. Erin said she hopes to have a wedding in fall, 2024. Two weddings in one year!!

Soon to all be part of our family 💕💕


No comments: