Tuesday, May 31, 2011

walls

This is a view of the front of the high school I attended, before the wrecking ball took the last of it down. What a magnificent building it was in its day! Portsmouth High School. All the schools in Portsmouth were rebuilt, as if the new infrastructure would attract new business and revitalize the area. Certainly, having new schools can’t hurt, but business hasn’t come and crime is no better in that area of southern Ohio.


I finished my paper last night. It was a miserable piece of work. My heart was not into it at all. The carrot on the stick seems to be a bit rotten lately. The appeal is gone. Maybe I’m so burnt out I can’t see anything good anymore. Maybe it was that shitty team paper we did. That was horrible work and our grade reflected it. I hate being part of horrible work. Maybe more than everything else, the carrot is closer and it doesn’t look as good as it did when it was far away.

I liked school when I was a kid. My teachers were nice to me - even mean teachers were nice to me. My favorite teachers (and professors) were those who told stories. I don’t have any stories to tell..er…maybe that’s not true. The truth is I don’t like to talk about me. I guess I would have stories to tell if I talked about me…which is what they did. Hmmm….I’ll have to think about that.

No comments: