Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Eternity is a long time

These damn-near all-nighters are killing me.  Just when I think I’m seeing light at the end of the tunnel, more problems surface.  I thought I’d be done with my proposal soon.  Oh hell no.  Lots of the submission forms involve details that have to be worked out before I can finish Chapter 3.  Then around midnight last night, I learn that the one commercial instrument I’m using requires each respondent to have a unique login and password…as if that’s going to keep people from stealing intellectual property if they have a mind to do that.  Basically what that means is participation will be a 2-step process.  That will be a huge deterrent; it would deter me.

You gotta be kidding me!
 
Someone has totally spoiled Gracie and now we’re both paying the price.  She sleeps in the kitchen at night (she is gated in) and barks in the morning when she wants out.  No way in hell am I going outside with her in the wee hours of the morning ; she knows that.  When I go down to put her out, she lays back down and gets quiet.  I open the door and call her – she won’t go out.  If I drag her outside, she immediately starts barking to be let back in.  Someone has to get up, get dressed, and accompany her outside.  He started doing this when she was a puppy because the mornings were light and pleasant.  Now that it’s cold and dark, he wants to sleep. 

I went to bed at 2:30 this morning and Someone was still up watching Gunsmoke reruns.  Crazy  man.  I crawled into bed and was asleep as soon as my head touched the pillow.  The next thing I know (like 5:00 AM) Gracie starts barking.  Shit!  I punched someone to get up and he pretended to be dead.  I tried to sleep through the barking and whining.  I no more than drifted back to sleep when Gracie leapt up on our bed, thrashed about licking all over our faces, and digging at the covers.  This delighted Someone, and he greeted her, praised her, and popped right up to dress and go outside with her.  She had jumped the gate - those gates are worthless now.
 
Diablo blanco

No comments: